How Much Does an SEO Audit Cost?
When it comes to delivering an effective SEO strategy, it’s important to ensure you’re regularly auditing your website.
This is where an SEO audit comes in. But what is the cost of an SEO audit? And what’s included?
Read on, as our blog explores:
- What is an SEO audit?
- How much does an SEO audit cost?
- What factors influence pricing?
- What elements are included in an SEO audit?
- Working with an SEO agency
What is an SEO audit?
An SEO audit is the process of checking your website’s health from an SEO perspective.
It generally involves diagnosing and offering recommendations on how to improve your website’s SEO performance.
This can range from improving on-page content, to suggestions on how to speed up a website.
This means completely auditing everything on your site from Organic Search to Technical SEO.
Related: What is an SEO audit? (And Why Do I Need One?)
How much does an SEO audit cost?
The cost of an audit varies based on several factors.
For example, a simple audit, with a lower total number of pages, as well as the scale of the audit and the number of domains will cost less than an audit performed on a larger site, for a larger organisation.
A larger organisation will end up paying more due to the scale and time frame required to conduct the audit.
This is the same regardless of if you chose to work with an agency like ours here at QueryClick or if you work with somebody in-house.
Price ranges can vary between £400 and £12,000 for an SEO audit for both larger organisations and SMBs.
On average, the SEO audit pricing will vary due to size of website, size of organisation and complexity of the SEO audit.
Download our eBook: A Complete Guide to SEO Audits
What factors influence pricing?
- Website size – This is one of the key influences in pricing as a larger website with multiple pages, content and domains will take a lot longer to audit than a smaller site.
- Website age – The age of a website is a factor as a brand new website that has just gone live will be far quicker to audit than a website that has been around for a longer period of time as all on and off page SEO will require an audit.
- Turnaround time – If a client wants their website audit conducted in a quicker amount of time, then cost will be affected as the manpower to perform an SEO audit will need to be increased.
- Agency experience – The length of time and cost of an SEO audit will vary based on the agency you are working with (if you aren’t performing the SEO audit internally). Each agency is going to vary depending on experience, so working with an industry leading SEO agency such as QueryClick will be a key factor in the cost of your SEO audit and the success of your SEO strategy.
What elements are included in an SEO audit?
Generally, an SEO audit will cover everything from a content health check, as well as assessing the technical aspects such as page speed and mobile usability.
This may differ depending on the complexity of the website and the provider of the SEO Audit.
A good SEO audit will highlight any immediate issues and how to remedy them, as well as providing ways to improve organic performance for less urgent issues.
Related: How to Do an SEO Audit in 5 Steps
Working with an SEO agency
Working with an SEO agency will open your website up to new possibilities, as there will be a variety of specialists working to improve your organic performance.
At QueryClick, we have content specialists, who can provide you with recommendations on how to improve certain sections of the website targeting certain keywords.
We also have our technical experts, who are able to assist in fixing and improving technical aspects of a website, such as decreasing the load times of script heavy pages.
If you’re looking to partner with a new SEO agency and want to discuss how QueryClick can help, get in touch below. Or, request an SEO audit to get started.
Looking to smash your SEO?
Find out how QueryClick can help.
Own your marketing data & simplify your tech stack.
Have you read?
Everyone’s talking about ChatGPT, but the use of AI in digital marketing is nothing new. From SEO to Paid Search, and everything in between, there’s an AI tool that’s aimed...
There’s always something new to learn as a marketer. Whether it’s a new marketing channel, a new technique or even just a new term, upskilling ourselves is a key part...
The world of SEO is can be thought of as a motorway; everyone is going high speed on the G1 (Google), avoiding obstacles, following the rules, and imagining racing other...