What are Google’s mobile page speed benchmarks and how do you compare?
Google’s current benchmarks for mobile page speed are:
- 1.3 seconds for Time to First Byte (the speed and responsiveness of a mobile web server)
- 3 seconds for Speed Index (how quickly the mobile page displays content to users)
- Less than 500KB in ‘page weight’ (the total size of a mobile webpage in bytes)
- Fewer than 50 ‘requests’ per page (the number of individual pieces of content needed to display the entire mobile page)
- 90 out of 100 for Google’s Mobile Page Speed Score
Ideally, a website should take less than 3 seconds to fully load and be interactive by users.
Find out how your business’ website compares with our mobile speed tool and get a breakdown of how you score against Google’s guidelines. If you fail to come close to any of the targets, then mobile page optimisation should be a priority for your business.